Monday, March 26, 2012

Aleisha and Ivy's 32 Day Challenge

I love teaching... I love my students... And I love how involved their parents are in their musical education.  One of the most important things I've realized about teaching piano is that "playing the piano" is actually secondary to all the other things that are being learned.  Students are learning life skills: how to have a long term relationship, how to fit in the things that are important to them, how it feels when they "show up" and do their part in some venture... there's an immense sense of satisfaction that comes from doing something that's important to us, even on those days when we just don't feel like it.

Aleisha (the mom) and Ivy (the student) are sharing their 32 Day Challenge with us...


Have you started your 32 day challenge?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment