Sunday, April 15, 2012

Play Me, I'm Yours

My hubby and I took our girls (Ava - 3 1/2 and Dakota - 8 months) to the Santa Monica Pier this afternoon.  I had to check out the "art installation" called Play Me, I'm Yours.  Luke Jerram, the artist who started it all, has been installing pianos in various cities since 2008.  What a great way to get the community playing together!  


There are 30 pianos installed throughout LA, but they'll only be here for 3 weeks.  If you live in LA, find a piano and share your photos with us!


Please check out this link to learn more:
http://www.streetpianos.com/


Remember when I wrote about not being a performer?  Well, I couldn't resist playing this beautifully decorated piano.  


Here's a quick video clip and some photos:






Check out the website and find out when this art exhibit is coming to your city!  And then, of course, go play!

No comments:

Post a Comment