Thursday, July 5, 2012

Don't just perspire this summer... be inspired!

One week into my two week "stay-cation".   Pool, beach, bbq, friends... and last night, fireworks.  It's been a great summer so far.


Aside from the non-work activities, I've also taken some time to organize my summer schedule, talk to prospective students, play the piano and the guitar and will hopefully, complete the training for Play-A-Story before summer's end.


It feels great to be doing other things. Gives my brain a break and helps me come back to center.  One of the areas I want to dive more deeply into is composition.  And with many students taking a break this summer, I'll have more time to focus on playing and composing.  My declaration:  by September 1st, I'll have written two songs, one for each instrument (guitar and piano).  I will let you know how that's going in a few weeks!


Here's a great video of two kids who not only play beautifully, but are also amazing composers.  Anna shares a bit of Bach and her brother, Lukas, a sweet little song by Neil Moore.  Anna finishes up with a brilliant combination of the two.  


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment